Part A: Making a difference
In this activity you will focus on ways of raising awareness about poverty and other global crises. In addition to the official development assistance provided by the governments of wealthy countries, non-government organisations (NGOs) work to raise community awareness about these issues and to seek donations towards the projects that they manage.
The following animation was developed by Oxfam. It explores the global food crisis. As you watch the animation, consider the following questions:
- What is Oxfam's purpose in creating the animation?
- How does the animation make you feel about the inequalities between countries?
- Why do you think that Oxfam has chosen to convey this message through animation?
- Do you think that the animation is effective?
- Who is the target audience for this animation?
© Copyright Oxfam Australia
Answer the following questions about this video.
- List three things that you learnt from this animation.
- List three feelings or emotions you experienced watching this animation.
- List three thoughts or opinions you had about this animation.